Presenting the art of Ballet in Collin County and beyond
Collin County Ballet Theatre was founded with a certain vision in mind:
- To promote and enhance the art of ballet in the Collin County and the Dallas area.
- To become recognized regionally as a performing company that presents professional dance performances of the highest quality.
- To be a vital and important entity in the cultural development of the county and surrounding communities.
- To provide opportunities for the youth to experience the art of dance and understand the benefits the arts bring to their lives.
- To educate and enrich the lives of its citizens in the art of ballet.
Collin County Ballet Theatre Points of Interest
- Founded in 2001 with significant growth each year
- Is a non-profit 501(c) 3 not-for-profit organization
- Provides educational enrichment to local independent school districts
- Brings classical ballet to the community
- Enables dancers from all over the community to participate in performances
- Collaborates with other non-profit organizations in Collin County, such as Plano Symphony Orchestra and Younger Generation Chorus, and more.
- Performs at various locations throughout Collin County, thus enabling a wider audience base
- Resident Performing Company Member of Regional Dance America Southwest a National organization that fosters the development of serious ballet students.
- Received grants from the Cities of Plano and McKinney, and Frisco Association of the Arts
- Supported and maintained 100 percent by community volunteers and sponsors
- Artistic Directors Kirt & Linda Hathaway bring over thirty years of real-world professional dance experience with the highest level of standards in the art of dance to Collin County
Collin County Ballet Theatre, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, was founded in 2001 by Artistic Directors, Kirt & Linda Hathaway, charter members of Dallas Ballet. They established the Hathaway Academy of Ballet as the official academy of Collin County Ballet Theatre in the summer of the same year.
The Hathaways’ professional experiences include Dallas Ballet, Houston Ballet, Colorado Ballet, Pennsylvania Ballet, Ballet de Santiago, Cincinnati Ballet and as directors of Lexington Ballet and Ballet Arkansas. They bring the highest level of professional standards to the art of dance plus thirty years of professional experience to Collin County Ballet Theatre.
Collin County Ballet Theatre Guild was formed in October of 2001 with a mission to support the company by raising funds for producing quality ballet productions. The membership of the guild is comprised of volunteers from the community. It holds several annual fund-raising activities, with emphasis on the Sugar Plum Fairy Teas presented at the Westin Stonebriar Resort and the Annual Spring Gala.
Throughout the years, CCBT, a member company of the Regional Dance America SW since 2008, has staged various performances including: The Nutcracker, A Classic Beginning, Spring Spectacular, Peter and the Wolf, Spirit of the Dance Spring Finale, Frisco Association of the Arts Annual Gala, Dance for the Planets, Cinderella, Winter Works, Coppélia, Romance & Revelry, Dancing through Time, Voices of Springs, The Magic Fairy Garden, and Ballet Fête.
Over the years, CCBT has collaborated with several community organizations to provide quality artistic performances, including the New World Ballet, Frisco Association of the Arts, Plano Symphony Orchestra, Dallas Neo-Classical Ballet, Brookhaven College and other local area dance companies.